I'll let the pictures do most of the talking in this post.
I started with the outline for the next scene. The first of the center panels. Beige. Lots and lots of beige. In fact, 11 rows wide. I can't imagine doing the entire outline first, but now it's done.
My reward for all that boring beige is this pallet for the actual scene. There are some real pretty blues and greens I've never stitched before. It's going to be fun.
Here's the first corner figure finished. There's a lot to each scene in the way of background and border. The scene itself is only about 1/2 of the entire panel. One of these figures (called ignudi) are in each of the 4 corners.
AND THEN WE WENT TO THE LIBRARY...
4 hours ago