Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Drunkeness of Noah

I'll let the pictures do most of the talking in this post.

I started with the outline for the next scene. The first of the center panels. Beige. Lots and lots of beige. In fact, 11 rows wide. I can't imagine doing the entire outline first, but now it's done.

My reward for all that boring beige is this pallet for the actual scene. There are some real pretty blues and greens I've never stitched before. It's going to be fun.

Here's the first corner figure finished. There's a lot to each scene in the way of background and border. The scene itself is only about 1/2 of the entire panel. One of these figures (called ignudi) are in each of the 4 corners.


  1. Great progress at this beautiful projekt. Grandiose!

  2. Sheri, your stitching is absolutely perfect. (And look at all those wonderful colors). I'm so happy you're doing this project.

  3. You're doing great - carry on the good work - Sheila

  4. Sheri!

    A friend of me shared your Blog today. I've actually got a start on this project as well - but haven't put a stitch in it for over 2 years now. I started with Panel 45.

    I found the 1/4 stitches to be insane and frustrating! LOL But you've got me in the mood to pick it back up again!

    I'll be watching your progress!

  5. My goodness Sheri I am FLOORED! I had no idea how much you had completed so far! This is beautiful! Awesome job Lady!